Monday, January 11, 2010

Shoes: Buy new or repair?

DSW%20sandals.jpg

When is it time to hang up a pair of shoes? Perhaps when they turn into tap shoes.

I wore my favorite Ann Klein black slides to the office last week and heard a "tap, tap, tap" as I walked. Sure enough, I had worn my heels through to the nails.

I thought about repairing. Fellow blogger Kathy tells me she just spent $17 to replace that itsy bitsy rubber piece on her heels. While it might be worth it for shoes otherwise unworn, my poor Ann Kleins were goners.

So off I drove to DSW in Boca Raton where I found some replacement Ann Kleins, not sandals but fairly comfortable high heels, on sale for $35. Of course, I still needed to replace my sandals. I found Aerosole's What's What brand, comfortable yet still stylish black slides also on sale for $35.

When do you give up on your favorite heels? Any recommendations on shoe repair? -- Marcia "Bargain Hunter" Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment